As teachers have been having their students capture videos using devices such as iPods and iPads, they have been looking for ways for their students to get those videos from the device to a computer. Using the Google Drive app is a quick and easy solution. The directions below will walk you through the process.
Make sure the Google Drive app is loaded to the student device.
- Open the app.
- Log in.Students in the Canyons School District will login using the same usernames and passwords that they use to log into the computers. Anyone else can log in with their Gmail usernames/passwords.
- You may have to agree to some things, and/or click the Get Started button to get to the My Drive page.
- Once at the My Drive page press the + located at the top right of the screen.
- Press Upload Photos or Videos.
- A message will come up that says “Google Drive would like to access your photos”Press OK.
- Find the video you would like to upload and select it.
- Press the blue checkmark located at the top right of the screen. (The checkmark won’t appear unless you’ve selected the video.)
- Depending on the size it might take a little while for the video to load.
- Once the video has been uploaded to Google Drive it is now accessible when you go to your Google Drive on a computer.